Wireless CCTV systems, also known as IP (internet protocol) systems can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things that those bulky old analog cameras couldn’t! In this article, we’ll give you some top reasons to go with wireless CCTV for your home or business.
- You can see your business or home live – from anywhere in the world! This is the major difference between analog and wireless systems. If you’re on vacation, simply open your laptop, log onto your website and watch live images streaming from your home security system.
- Whenever the cameras spot something unusual, you will receive an instant message alert by text or email. When you receive the alert, you can immediately log in using a compatible wireless PC, smartphone or tablet and view the recorded images to find out what caused the activation. With old CCTV systems, you could only access data if you were in the same building.
- You don’t have to be techno-savvy! As long as you get a properly configured IP system from a specialist security company, you just plug in.
- Every wireless camera is like a tiny computer. That’s why they are called intelligent. They only record when something out of the ordinary happens, unlike old analog CCTV cameras that sent a constant stream of data, even when nothing was wrong.
- Images from wireless cameras are in sharp, clear full color, not like those fuzzy, blurred black and white analog images.
PS: You can even get wireless CCTV systems that allow you to control appliances in your home remotely. Switch on the lights, set the thermostat, and even open the front door from the driveway, down the street, or across the country.
For CCTV systems in Asheville NC, contact us at Carolina Security Technologies. We have been providing security services since 2010, and would be glad to answer any inquiries you may have. Contact us today!