According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2016 there were nearly half a million structure fires that resulted in almost 3,000 deaths, over 12,000 injuries, and nearly $8 billion in property damage. No property type is free from the risk of fire. They occur in health care facilities, prisons and jails, storage facilities, vacant buildings, structures under construction, high-rise buildings, educational properties, places people assemble such as restaurants and churches, office buildings, and where people shop. It is because of this that no business should be without quality, effective fire alarms in place. Here are the top reasons you should not only have fire alarms, but also have them checked regularly.
- Save Lives. It is bad enough to have your business go up in flames, but to experience the loss of staff members, customers, tenants, or other occupants is devastating – not only to your business, but to your community. You could also be held liable if the fire was caused by negligence.
- Reduce Loss. Fire alarms provide for quicker response which enables firefighters and even those in the building to contain the fire sooner. What could have been a total loss might not be when you have fire alarms. Less damage is always a better scenario.
- Insurance Costs. Many insurance companies require you to have fire alarms, but even if they don’t, you can generally receive a discount on your premiums if you have them. Be sure the fire alarms you have installed meet their minimum requirements.
- Reduce Downtime. A smaller fire means less downtime to rebuild than a larger one. The loss of income-producing productivity on a small scale is advantageous for several reasons. In addition to not making anything during rebuilding, your customers could shift to your competitors, never to return.
- Meet Codes. Fire alarms are required by most cities, towns, counties, and other regulatory agencies. Not having them could shut your doors until you get the installed or at least cost you in fines and some embarrassing public relations issues if word gets out you don’t protect those that enter your building.
If you would like to learn about the best fire alarms for your business or have your current ones assessed for quality and reliability, give us a call at Carolina Security Technologies. Since 2010, we have served all types of businesses, as well as residences, with quality fire alarms and other security products and services. Call today to schedule a consultation to learn more about how to protect your property.