Having a secure home is a priority for all responsible homeowners, but even people who think their home is secure could be mistaken. There are lots of little things you can do or avoid to ensure that your home and family are protected, and we’re here to tell you about them at Carolina Security Technologies. Here are our top five home security dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind:
- Do: Change or Re-key your Locks If You Lose a Key- When you lose your house key, you have to consider that someone out there might have it and be able to enter your home. To prevent this, make sure to change your locks or re-key them so that any old keys won’t work anymore.
- Don’t: Post on Social Media That You’re Out of Town- Even if your social media account is set to private, you never know when one of your followers is untrustworthy. Posting pictures of your vacation while you’re still on it gives people the perfect opportunity to break in.
- Do: Use Light Timers When You’re Away- On a similar note, people can tell when you’re not home if all the lights are off 24/7. To make it appear like someone is home, use light timers and place them in different rooms.
- Don’t: Leave Your Garage Door Open- You definitely don’t want strangers in your garage because they can steal whatever is inside of it, including a car, and it’s an easy place for them to gain access to your home.
- Do: Invest in Camera Security- Placing cameras in strategic areas is one of the best home security tips we can offer you. It not only deters criminals, but it also helps to identify them if they commit a crime on your property.
If you’re looking for home security solutions, we’re here to provide them. Contact us today to learn more.