If you are in the market for a security camera, CCTV (closed-circuit television) security has a variety of options available. There are five different types of CCTV security systems, each with different options.
- One type of CCTV security camera is a dome. There are indoor, outdoor, infrared, and vandal-proof dome cameras. An advantage that a dome camera offers is that it is difficult for someone to know which direction the lens of the camera is aiming.
- Another type of CCTV security camera is a bullet. These are shaped like a rifle bullet and are usually about the width of a cigar, but shorter in length. This type of camera is advantageous because it easily mounts to walls and ceilings. There are also infrared bullet cameras that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Pro Box CCTV security cameras provide flexibility, in that they allow you to choose the type of lens that will best fit your needs. This type of camera can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- IP Security cameras have built-in web servers so the video feed can be viewed from the internet. This is advantageous because you do not need a DVR or video capture card to view the video.
- The last type of CCTV security camera is a PTZ. This type of security camera allows you to control the pan, tilt, and zoom operations through a DVR or remotely. There are indoor and outdoor models available in PTZ security cameras.
With all of the options available, it is a good idea to talk with a professional to determine which CCTV security camera(s) will best fulfill your needs.
If you are in need of CCTV security in Asheville NC, contact us at Carolina Security Technologies. We have been providing security services since 2010, and would be glad to answer any inquiries you may have. Contact us today!